Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pompadour 9K & 5K Benefit Run For Sheldon

Me and my wife participated in a charity race Saturday May 22, 2010. It was to help a local boy with muscular dystrophy in getting a van that will allow him to leave his home. The morning was a bit cold and even was spitting a little snow. Very uncommon for this time of year. Neither of us really had any idea of what to expect for the course. When we got there I made a comment oh look we get to start with a hill. Little did either of us know that hill ended up being a long hill.

The first 2.25 miles was a hill followed by a short downhill and repeat uphill. We got a workout and we made it all the way to the aid station and walked while we drank water. We did have a few more short walks but we ran 5.3-5.4 of the 5.6 miles. I bumped my runkeeper and didn't know it for a few seconds so it tracked 5.45 miles. Our official time was exactly 55 minutes.

Both myself and wife went across at the same time. It is the first time I have been able to get close to her time. I am sure she slowed down a lot to make me feel better... Anyhow it was a great run and had a good time.
Took some pictures on the way with my iphone and stats below.
The Hills are alive!


Does it look cold? pre race right before it started to spit snow


A little of the view where we ran. Look down into town and thats where we started


The shirt, bib, and some socks courtesy of the organizer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment