Monday, June 7, 2010

A trip to the Docs and 35 @ E

Well today was the day to have a talk with my Dr. I have been having a bit of knee pain when running between 7-8 miles. I have been able to walk it off and keep going to my 10.5-11 mile mark however the next day I am very sore when I do my follow up 30 minutes @ E runs. By the next day I am back to normal and running my 60 @ E. He gave me overall good news and just told me to take a few weeks off from the over 60 minute runs. No big deal as I have a 5K anyways on the 2nd weekend. He said it was ok to run that. I am icing the knee area 3 times per day and going to get an ITBS band tomorrow if I can fin it at Wal-Mart. I was also shown a couple stretches.

Tonights run was 35 @ E and I felt fantastic. Yesterday I was in pain for the first 20 minutes. Today I felt great. I did forget to turn on GPS on the Garmin so tonights numbers are brought to you by my Iphone. I have been using it as a back-up and am glad I did.

Duration
0:35:01 Minutes
3.52 Miles
9:57 Ave Pace
6.03 Ave Speed
splits:
mipaceclimb (ft)
110:13-5
29:18-43
310:0024
410:1722


No comments:

Post a Comment